Monday, April 16, 2012

I have a low.

After spending the whole day tidying up the house (and then re-tidying up after my Toddler and JK.er ran around and caused trouble) I have a low.  I have a very low low.  2.4  I have downed a glass of chocolate milk and I am waiting... waiting to go back to normal.  In the other room I can hear Hubby reading a story to my JK.er.  It's so sweet.  I feel so blessed and loved in this little family.

Hubby came home from work very late today, right in time for our JK.er's bedtime.  He gave us kisses and asked how I'm feeling.  I said I feel low.  He asked me to test and said he'd put JK.er to bed.  After a whole day of electricianing on the job site, he offers to put the little one to bed.  I am so loved.

Today I was reminded of the first ever Type 1 diabetic blog post that I read.  I don't remember who the person what, but his post that day had this verse:

"Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God"

I was at work at my desk and I teared up at that promise.  Wow.  As a diabetic it's so scary to think of ever being out of reach of carbs.  But I have a sense that God will protect me.  I can look back and see the many ways that I have been rescued and saved from danger and I know God will protect me still.

This weekend Hubby and I are flying out to San Francisco and I am so excited.  We will be away for four days.  Gotta remember to pack ALL of Sue-Lynn's supplies.  And extra insulin.  And now that I took the recent pump vacation and became familiar with the pen again, I will definitely be prepared with back up pen and over night insulin JUST IN CASE.  I can't believe I lived for 5 years with no back up pens or anything in the house.  That is crazy.  But I am covered now.  San Francisco, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment